Friday, 9 October 2026

Worry: Sufficient for the day is the evil thereof.

 Amen. “Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof” is Jesus’ gentle wisdom for a worried heart. He is not saying trouble will never come—He is saying you were never meant to carry tomorrow’s trouble today. Each day has enough of its own. Today’s grace is for today.


📖 The Scriptural Foundation


“Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.” (Matthew 6:34, KJV)


“Give us this day our daily bread.” (Matthew 6:11)


“His compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.” (Lamentations 3:22-23, KJV)


“Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.” (1 Peter 5:7)


“This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.” (Psalm 118:24, KJV)


🙏 A Prayer for Today’s Grace


Father,

I release tomorrow into Your hands.

I will not borrow trouble from a day I cannot see.

I will not carry what You have not asked me to carry.


Give me grace for today.

Strength for this hour.

Peace for this moment.

Light for this step.


Your mercies are new this morning.

Your faithfulness is my foundation.

Your presence is my rest.


I will trust You with today.

I will walk with You today.

I will rest in You today.


“Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.” (Matthew 6:34)


In Jesus’ name,

Amen.


🕊️ A Declaration


Today is in His hands.

Today’s grace is enough.

Today’s mercy is new.

Today’s strength is sufficient.


I will not worry about tomorrow.

I will rejoice in this day the Lord has made.


“The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.” (Psalm 23:1)

No comments:

Post a Comment