Amen. "We call You Abba, Father" is the most intimate and tender address a child of God can offer—a cry of closeness, trust, and belonging. It is not a formal title or a distant address. It is the language of a child running into the arms of their Father. It is the cry of the Spirit within us, the whisper of a heart that knows it is loved.
📖 The Scriptural Foundation
"For you did not receive a spirit of slavery that returns you to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship, by whom we cry, 'Abba, Father!'" (Romans 8:15)
"And because you are sons, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying, 'Abba! Father!'" (Galatians 4:6, ESV)
"See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!" (1 John 3:1)
"As a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him." (Psalm 103:13)
"The Lord your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in his quiet love he will rejoice over you with singing." (Zephaniah 3:17)
"I will be a Father to you, and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty." (2 Corinthians 6:18)
💖 What It Means to Call Him Abba, Father
This Means... Because... A Scripture to Hold
You Are His Child You are not a stranger or a servant—you are family. "We should be called children of God." (1 John 3:1)
You Are Loved He loves you with a Father's love. "As a father has compassion on his children." (Psalm 103:13)
You Are Safe You can run to Him and find refuge. "The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer." (Psalm 18:2)
You Are Delighted In He rejoices over you with singing. "He will take great delight in you." (Zephaniah 3:17)
You Have Access You can come boldly to His throne. "Let us then approach God's throne of grace with confidence." (Hebrews 4:16)
You Are Provided For He supplies every need as a Father does. "My God will supply every need of yours." (Philippians 4:19)
🙏 A Prayer to Abba, Father
Abba, Father,
I come to You as Your child.
Not with fear,
But with trust.
Not with shame,
But with love.
You are my Father.
My loving, caring, faithful Father.
You know me by name.
You hold me in Your arms.
You delight in me.
I rest in Your love.
I trust in Your care.
I run to Your embrace.
I find my home in You.
Thank You for adopting me.
Thank You for calling me Your own.
Thank You for being my Abba, Father.
"For you did not receive a spirit of slavery that returns you to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship, by whom we cry, 'Abba, Father!'" (Romans 8:15)
In Jesus’ name,
Amen.
🕊️ A Declaration of Sonship
I declare today:
I am a child of God.
I call Him Abba, Father.
He is my Father.
He loves me.
He holds me.
He provides for me.
He protects me.
He delights in me.
I am not an orphan.
I am not alone.
I am not forgotten.
I am His child.
And He is my Father.
“See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!” (1 John 3:1)
💎 A Final Encouragement
You are not just a servant, a follower, or a believer—you are a child of the Most High God. He is not a distant, cold deity—He is your Abba, Father, who loves you, delights in you, and holds you close to His heart. You can run to Him with your joys and your sorrows, your victories and your struggles. He is your Father, and you are His child. Rest in that love today.
“The Lord your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in his quiet love he will rejoice over you with singing.” (Zephaniah 3:17)
We call You Abba, Father—and we are forever Yours. 🙏💙🕊️
No comments:
Post a Comment