"Have mercy upon me, Lord."
This is the prayer that reaches the heart of God faster than any other. It is the cry of the tax collector who went home justified. It is the plea of David after his fall. It is the whisper of every soul that knows it cannot stand on its own righteousness—but leans entirely on the mercy of God.
"Have mercy on me, O God, according to Your lovingkindness; according to the greatness of Your compassion blot out my transgressions." — Psalm 51:1 (AMP)
---
The Scripture That Promises Mercy:
Lamentations 3:22-23 (AMP) — "It is because of the Lord’s lovingkindnesses that we are not consumed, because His [tender] compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great and beyond measure is Your faithfulness."
Hebrews 4:16 (AMP) — "Let us approach [God] with confidence and without fear, so that we may receive mercy and find grace for help in time of need."
Ephesians 2:4-5 (AMP) — "But God, being [so very] rich in mercy, because of His great and wonderful love with which He loved us, even when we were [spiritually] dead and separated from Him because of our sins, He made us [spiritually] alive together with Christ (for by His grace—His undeserved favor and mercy—you have been saved)."
Psalm 103:8-12 (AMP) — "The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in lovingkindness... He has not dealt with us according to our sins, nor rewarded us according to our wickedness. For as the heavens are high above the earth, so great is His lovingkindness toward those who fear Him. As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us."
Micah 7:18-19 (AMP) — "Who is a God like You, who forgives wickedness and passes over the rebellious acts... He does not retain His anger forever, because He [constantly] delights in mercy and lovingkindness. He shall again have compassion on us; He will subdue and tread underfoot our wickedness. Yes, You will cast all our sins into the depths of the sea."
---
A Prayer for Mercy:
"Father,
I come to You with nothing to offer but my need.
I do not come with my righteousness—I come with my sin.
I do not come with my strength—I come with my weakness.
I do not come with my achievements—I come with my failures.
Have mercy upon me, Lord.
According to Your lovingkindness—
not according to my worthiness.
According to the greatness of Your compassion—
not according to the depth of my sin.
Blot out my transgressions.
Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity.
Cleanse me from my sin.
I am not asking for what I deserve.
I am asking for what You delight to give.
Mercy.
Grace.
Forgiveness.
Restoration.
Let Your mercy triumph over judgment.
Let Your grace cover my failures.
Let Your love cast out my fear.
Let Your blood wash away my guilt.
You are rich in mercy.
You are slow to anger.
You are abounding in love.
You do not treat me as my sins deserve.
So I receive Your mercy now.
Not because I am perfect—
but because You are faithful.
Not because I have earned it—
but because You have given it.
Thank You, Lord, for Your mercy.
It is new every morning.
Great is Your faithfulness.
In Jesus' name,
Amen."
---
Declarations of Mercy:
· "The Lord is merciful and gracious—He has heard my cry."
· "His mercies are new every morning."
· "He does not treat me as my sins deserve."
· "He has removed my transgressions as far as the east is from the west."
· "He has cast all my sins into the depths of the sea."
· "I find mercy at the throne of grace—in my time of need."
· "God is rich in mercy—and He has poured it out on me."
· "Mercy triumphs over judgment."
· "I am forgiven—not because I am worthy, but because He is merciful."
· "His mercy endures forever—and it is mine."
---
A Blessing of Mercy:
May the Lord have mercy upon you. May His compassion cover your failures and His grace lift your burdens. May you know—beyond any doubt—that you are not rejected, but received; not condemned, but forgiven; not alone, but held. And may His mercy be your song today—and forever.
"Have mercy upon me, Lord."
He hears you.
He answers you.
He pours out His mercy—right now, right here.
Receive it.
Rest in it.
You are held.
Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment