Amen. “Bring me to green pasture” is the cry of a weary soul longing for rest, nourishment, and peace—a prayer that echoes the Shepherd’s Psalm. It is the plea of a sheep who trusts the Shepherd to lead them to a place of safety, provision, and refreshment. He does not drive you—He gently leads you. He does not abandon you—He goes before you.
π The Scriptural Foundation
“The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul.” (Psalm 23:1-3)
“I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.” (John 10:11)
“He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young.” (Isaiah 40:11)
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” (Matthew 11:28)
“He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul.” (Psalm 23:2-3)
πΏ What It Means to Be Brought to Green Pasture
This Means... Because... A Scripture to Hold
Rest for Your Soul He gives you peace and rest. “He makes me lie down in green pastures.” (Psalm 23:2)
Nourishment for Your Spirit He feeds you with His Word and presence. “Man shall not live on bread alone.” (Matthew 4:4)
Refreshment for Your Weariness He renews your strength. “He restores my soul.” (Psalm 23:3)
Guidance for Your Path He leads you in the right way. “He leads me in paths of righteousness.” (Psalm 23:3)
Safety in His Care He protects you from harm. “I am the good shepherd.” (John 10:11)
Intimacy with the Shepherd He carries you close to His heart. “He gathers the lambs in his arms.” (Isaiah 40:11)
π A Prayer to Be Brought to Green Pasture
Lord,
I am weary.
I am tired of the dry places,
The barren seasons,
The empty striving.
Bring me to green pasture.
Lead me to the place of rest.
Lead me to the place of nourishment.
Lead me to the place of peace.
Lead me to the place of Your presence.
Let me lie down in Your care.
Let me drink from Your still waters.
Let me rest in Your love.
Let me be restored by Your Spirit.
I trust You, Shepherd.
I follow You, Shepherd.
I rest in You, Shepherd.
“He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul.” (Psalm 23:2-3)
In Jesus’ name,
Amen.
π️ A Declaration of Rest and Provision
I declare today:
The Lord is bringing me to green pasture.
He is leading me to rest.
He is leading me to nourishment.
He is leading me to peace.
I will not be dry.
I will not be empty.
I will not be weary.
For the Good Shepherd is with me,
And He restores my soul.
“The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.” (Psalm 23:1)
π A Final Encouragement
The Good Shepherd knows where the green pastures are—and He is leading you there. You may be in a dry season now, but it will not last forever. He is guiding you to a place of rest, nourishment, and peace. Trust His leading. Follow His voice. And rest in His care. He will bring you to green pasture.
“The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.” (Psalm 23:1)
Bring me to green pasture, Lord—I trust in You. ππΏπ
No comments:
Post a Comment