Amen. “Lord Jesus, empty my regret and unforgiveness” is a prayer of deep surrender and healing—a cry to release the weight of the past and the poison of bitterness into the hands of the One who redeems all things. It is the prayer of a heart that longs to be free.
📖 The Scriptural Foundation
“Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.” (Ephesians 4:31-32, ESV)
“See to it that no one falls short of the grace of God and that no bitter root grows up to cause trouble and defile many.” (Hebrews 12:15)
“Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.” (Colossians 3:13)
“Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing!” (Isaiah 43:18-19)
“If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.” (1 John 1:9)
“Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.” (Romans 12:21)
🙏 What It Means to Empty Regret and Unforgiveness
This Means... Because... A Scripture to Hold
Releasing the Past You let go of what you cannot change. “Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past.” (Isaiah 43:18)
Forgiving Others You release those who have wronged you. “Forgive as the Lord forgave you.” (Colossians 3:13)
Receiving Forgiveness You accept God’s cleansing for your own sins. “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just.” (1 John 1:9)
Uprooting Bitterness You allow God to remove the bitter root. “No bitter root grows up to cause trouble.” (Hebrews 12:15)
Walking in Freedom You choose to be overcome by good, not evil. “Overcome evil with good.” (Romans 12:21)
🙏 A Prayer to Empty Regret and Unforgiveness
Lord Jesus,
I come before You with a heart that carries regret and unforgiveness.
I have held onto pain.
I have replayed the past.
I have nursed wounds that only You can heal.
I lay it all down at Your feet.
I release every regret.
I release every offense.
I release every person who has hurt me.
I choose to forgive.
Not because they deserve it,
But because You have forgiven me.
Take away the bitter root.
Heal the wounds that caused it.
Fill the empty places with Your love.
Replace my regret with Your peace.
I am not defined by my past.
I am defined by Your grace.
I am free.
“Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.” (Ephesians 4:32)
In Jesus’ name,
Amen.
🕊️ A Declaration of Freedom
I declare today:
I have emptied my regret and unforgiveness to the Lord.
Every bitter root is uprooted.
Every offense is released.
Every wound is healed.
I forgive those who have wronged me.
I release the past.
I embrace the future.
I am free from bitterness.
I am free from regret.
I am free in Christ.
“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!” (2 Corinthians 5:17)
💎 A Final Encouragement
Regret and unforgiveness are heavy burdens—but you were never meant to carry them. Jesus invites you to lay them down, to release the past, and to forgive as you have been forgiven. When you empty your heart of these weights, you make room for His peace, His joy, and His freedom. Let it go today. Forgive. Release. And walk in the liberty Christ has won for you.
“The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.” (Psalm 23:1)
Lord Jesus, empty my regret and unforgiveness—I am free. 🙏💙🕊️
No comments:
Post a Comment