Friday, 2 October 2026

Lord, Forgive my love disobedience.

 "Forgive my disobedience, Lord."


This is one of the most honest and powerful prayers a heart can pray. Disobedience is not just making a mistake—it is choosing our own way over God's way. And yet, His mercy is greater than our rebellion. His grace is deeper than our wandering.


"If we [freely] admit that we have sinned and confess our sins, He is faithful and just [true to His own nature and promises], and will forgive our sins and cleanse us continually from all unrighteousness." — 1 John 1:9 (AMP)


---


The Scripture That Promises Forgiveness for Disobedience:


Isaiah 1:18-19 (AMP) — "'Come now, and let us reason together,' says the Lord. 'Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall be like wool. If you are willing and obedient, you will eat the good things of the land.'"


Psalm 103:8-12 (AMP) — "The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in lovingkindness. He has not dealt with us according to our sins, nor rewarded us according to our wickedness... As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us."


Luke 15:20 (AMP) — "While he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was moved with compassion, and he ran and embraced him and kissed him."


1 John 1:9 (AMP) — "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."


Hebrews 4:16 (AMP) — "Let us approach [God] with confidence and without fear, so that we may receive mercy and find grace for help in time of need."


Micah 7:18-19 (AMP) — "Who is a God like You, who forgives wickedness... He does not retain His anger forever, because He [constantly] delights in mercy and lovingkindness. He shall again have compassion on us; He will subdue and tread underfoot our wickedness. Yes, You will cast all our sins into the depths of the sea."


---


A Prayer of Confession and Receiving:


"Father,

I come to You with a humble heart.

I confess my disobedience before You.

I have not always followed Your ways.

I have not always listened to Your voice.

I have chosen my will over Yours.

I have gone my own way instead of Yours.


I am not here to make excuses.

I am not here to justify myself.

I am here to confess—and to receive.


Forgive my disobedience, Lord.


Forgive the times I knew what was right and did not do it.

Forgive the times I knew what was wrong and did it anyway.

Forgive the times I ignored Your prompting.

Forgive the times I hardened my heart.

Forgive the times I chose comfort over obedience.

Forgive the times I chose fear over faith.


Wash me.

Cleanse me.

Restore me.


Let Your blood speak over my disobedience—

not condemnation, but forgiveness.

Not shame, but cleansing.

Not guilt, but freedom.


I receive Your forgiveness now.

Not because I deserve it,

but because You are faithful.

Not because I have earned it,

but because You are merciful.


Thank You for running to me like the father ran to the prodigal.

Thank You for embracing me before I could even finish my apology.

Thank You for restoring me to my place in Your family.


I am forgiven.

I am cleansed.

I am restored.


And by Your grace, I will walk in obedience—

not out of fear, but out of love.


In Jesus' name,

Amen."


---


Declarations of Forgiveness and Obedience:


· "My disobedience is forgiven—washed away by the blood of Jesus."

· "God is faithful and just to forgive me and cleanse me from all unrighteousness."

· "The Father runs to me—He does not turn me away."

· "I am not defined by my disobedience—I am defined by His grace."

· "My past is under the blood—my future is in His hands."

· "I choose to obey God—not out of fear, but out of love."

· "I hear His voice and I follow—I will not harden my heart."

· "I am restored to my place in the family of God."

· "His mercy triumphs over my failure."

· "I am forgiven. I am free. I am His."


---


A Blessing of Restoration:


May the Lord forgive your disobedience and restore you to full fellowship with Him. May He wash away every stain of guilt and shame. May He give you a new heart and a willing spirit—a heart that delights to obey Him. And may you know—deep in your soul—that the same God who forgave David, who restored Peter, who welcomed the prodigal home, has forgiven you.


"Forgive my disobedience, Lord."

He hears you.

He forgives you.

He restores you.


Go—and walk in obedience, not out of fear, but out of love.


Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment