Friday, 9 October 2026

Seek first the kingdom of God.

 Amen. "Seek first the kingdom of God" is the great priority of the Christian life—the singular focus that orders everything else. It is not just good advice; it is the key to a life of purpose, peace, and provision. This is the foundational truth that anchors every other prayer we have lifted together.


📖 The Scriptural Foundation


"But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." (Matthew 6:33)


"For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit." (Romans 14:17)


"But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." (Matthew 6:33, NIV)


"Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart." (Psalm 37:4, ESV)


"Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things." (Colossians 3:2)


"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." (Matthew 6:21)


👑 What It Means to Seek First the Kingdom


This Means... Because... A Scripture to Hold

Priority God's kingdom comes before every other ambition, desire, or loyalty. "But seek first his kingdom..." (Matthew 6:33)

Surrender You yield your will to His, saying, "Not my will, but Yours be done." "Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven." (Matthew 6:10)

Trust You believe that when you prioritize Him, He will provide for your needs. "And all these things will be given to you as well." (Matthew 6:33)

Transformation You are being conformed to His righteousness, not your own. "His righteousness" (Matthew 6:33)

Daily Dependence You seek Him not once, but continually—day by day, moment by moment. "Give us today our daily bread." (Matthew 6:11)


🙏 A Prayer to Seek First the Kingdom


Father,

I come before You with a heart that longs

To seek Your kingdom above all else.

Forgive me for the times I have sought lesser things—

My own comfort, my own reputation, my own plans.


I choose today to seek first Your kingdom.


Let Your kingdom come in my heart—

Rule over my thoughts, my desires, my will.

Let Your righteousness be my clothing—

Not my own goodness, but the righteousness of Christ.


I release my grip on the worries of this world—

What I will eat, what I will wear, what I will do tomorrow.

You know my needs before I ask.

You are my Provider, my Shepherd, my Father.


I trust that when I seek You first,

Everything else will be added in Your perfect timing.

Not because I deserve it,

But because You are faithful.


Let my life be a living witness

That Your kingdom is the only treasure worth seeking.

Let my daily choices reflect this priority—

In my work, in my rest, in my giving, in my loving.


"The kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit." (Romans 14:17)


May this righteousness, peace, and joy

Be my portion today.


In Jesus’ name,

Amen.


🕊️ A Declaration of Kingdom Priority


I declare today:

I seek first the kingdom of God.

His rule and reign are my highest priority.

His righteousness is my clothing.

His peace is my portion.

His joy is my strength.


I will not be consumed by the worries of this life.

I will not chase after what the world chases.

I will not put my trust in temporary things.


For my Father knows what I need.

And He will provide.

He will guide.

He will sustain.


“But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.” (Matthew 6:33)


💎 A Final Encouragement


Seeking first the kingdom of God is not a burdensome duty—it is a joyful invitation. It is the call to live with eternity in view, to trust the Father's heart, and to find your deepest satisfaction in Him. When you seek His kingdom, you are not losing—you are gaining everything that truly matters. Choose it today. Live it today. And watch as the King of Heaven orders your steps and blesses your days.


“The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.” (Psalm 23:1)

No comments:

Post a Comment