Saturday, 3 October 2026

Lord, have mercy upon my shortcomings.

 “Lord, have mercy upon my shortcoming.”


This is the humble, honest cry of a heart that knows it cannot stand on its own perfection—but leans entirely on the mercy of God. It is not the cry of a failure; it is the cry of a child who knows where to run when they have stumbled.


“For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, but all are justified and made righteous by His grace as a gift, through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus.” — Romans 3:23-24 (AMP)


---


The Scripture That Meets Your Shortcoming:


Psalm 103:8-14 (AMP) — “The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in lovingkindness. He will not always chide or punish... He has not dealt with us according to our sins, nor rewarded us according to our wickedness. For as the heavens are high above the earth, so great is His lovingkindness toward those who fear Him. As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us. Just as a father loves his children, so the Lord loves those who fear Him. For He knows our [mortal] frame; He remembers that we are [merely] dust.”


Micah 7:18-19 (AMP) — “Who is a God like You, who forgives wickedness and passes over the rebellious acts... He does not retain His anger forever, because He [constantly] delights in mercy and lovingkindness. He shall again have compassion on us; He will subdue and tread underfoot our wickedness. Yes, You will cast all our sins into the depths of the sea.”


Hebrews 4:15-16 (AMP) — “We do not have a High Priest who is unable to sympathize and understand our weaknesses... Let us approach [God] with confidence and without fear, so that we may receive mercy and find grace for help in time of need.”


Lamentations 3:22-23 (AMP) — “It is because of the Lord’s lovingkindnesses that we are not consumed, because His [tender] compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great and beyond measure is Your faithfulness.”


---


A Prayer of Confession and Mercy:


“Father,

I come to You just as I am—

with my shortcomings, my failures, my weaknesses.

I do not hide them from You.

I do not excuse them.

I bring them to the light of Your mercy.


Have mercy upon my shortcoming, Lord.


You know my frame.

You remember that I am dust.

You know my tendencies,

my struggles,

my weaknesses,

my failures to measure up.


But You do not deal with me according to my sins.

You do not reward me according to my failures.

You are merciful and gracious—

slow to anger, abounding in love.


So I ask for Your mercy.

Not because I deserve it—

but because You delight in mercy.

Not because I have earned it—

but because Jesus paid for it.

Not because I am perfect—

but because You are faithful.


Wash away my shortcomings.

Cover my failures with Your grace.

Remove my guilt as far as the east is from the west.

Cast my failures into the depths of the sea.


Let Your mercy triumph over judgment.

Let Your grace be greater than my weakness.

Let Your love cover my imperfection.


I receive Your forgiveness.

I receive Your mercy.

I receive Your grace.


Thank You for not giving up on me.

Thank You for loving me despite my shortcomings.

Thank You for Your new mercies every morning.


I will not live in shame—

because Your mercy has set me free.


In Jesus’ name,

Amen.”


---


Declarations of Mercy Over Your Shortcomings:


· “The Lord is merciful and gracious—He has heard my cry.”

· “He does not deal with me according to my sins.”

· “His mercies are new every morning.”

· “My shortcomings are covered by His grace.”

· “I am justified freely by His grace—not by my perfect performance.”

· “He remembers that I am dust—and He loves me anyway.”

· “My failures are removed as far as the east is from the west.”

· “I am not condemned—I am forgiven.”

· “His mercy triumphs over my shortcomings.”

· “I am a work in progress—and He is faithful to complete it.”


---


A Blessing of Mercy:


May the Lord have mercy upon your shortcomings. May He lift the weight of guilt from your shoulders and replace it with the lightness of His grace. May you know—deep in your soul—that He is not disappointed in you, He is not angry with you, and He has not given up on you. He knows your frame. He remembers you are dust. And He loves you with an everlasting love.


“Lord, have mercy upon my shortcoming.”

He hears you.

He forgives you.

He restores you.


You are not defined by your shortcomings.

You are defined by His grace.


Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment