Amen. "I stand in awe of You" is the posture of a heart that has encountered the living God—a response of reverence, wonder, and holy fear. It is not the awe of a distant observer, but the awe of a child who has seen the glory of their Father. It is the recognition that He is beyond comprehension, beyond compare, and beyond all praise.
📖 The Scriptural Foundation
"Let all the earth fear the Lord; let all the people of the world revere him." (Psalm 33:8)
"Stand in awe of God, and give him the glory." (Revelation 14:7, paraphrased)
"I will meditate on the glorious splendor of your majesty and on your wonderful works." (Psalm 145:5, ESV)
"The Lord is exalted, for he dwells on high; he will fill Zion with his justice and righteousness." (Isaiah 33:5)
"Let all the earth be silent before him." (Habakkuk 2:20)
"How awesome is the Lord Most High, the great King over all the earth!" (Psalm 47:2)
🙏 What It Means to Stand in Awe of Him
This Means... Because... A Scripture to Hold
Reverence You honor Him as holy and exalted. "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Almighty." (Isaiah 6:3)
Humility You recognize your smallness before His greatness. "He must become greater; I must become less." (John 3:30)
Wonder You are amazed by who He is and what He does. "How awesome is the Lord Most High!" (Psalm 47:2)
Worship You respond to His glory with praise. "Ascribe to the Lord the glory due his name." (Psalm 29:2)
Silence You are still before Him, knowing He is God. "Be still, and know that I am God." (Psalm 46:10)
Surrender You lay down your will before His majesty. "Not my will, but yours be done." (Luke 22:42)
🙏 A Prayer of Awe
Lord,
I stand in awe of You.
Not because of what You have done,
Though Your works are wonderful.
Not because of what You give,
Though Your gifts are abundant.
But because of who You are.
You are holy, holy, holy.
You are exalted above all.
You are clothed in majesty and splendor.
You are beyond comprehension, beyond compare.
I stand in awe of Your holiness.
I stand in awe of Your love.
I stand in awe of Your power.
I stand in awe of Your grace.
I am small, but You are great.
I am weak, but You are strong.
I am finite, but You are infinite.
I stand in awe of You.
I bow before You.
I worship You.
"Let all the earth fear the Lord; let all the people of the world revere him." (Psalm 33:8)
In Jesus’ name,
Amen.
🕊️ A Declaration of Awe
I declare today:
I stand in awe of the Lord.
He is holy.
He is exalted.
He is majestic.
He is worthy.
I will not approach Him casually.
I will not treat Him lightly.
I will not forget His greatness.
I will worship Him in reverence.
I will serve Him in humility.
I will love Him with all my heart.
“Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” (Psalm 46:10)
💎 A Final Encouragement
To stand in awe of God is to see Him as He truly is—and to see yourself in light of His greatness. It is not a fear that pushes you away, but a reverence that draws you near. It is the recognition that He is God and you are not. It is the posture of a heart that is humble, teachable, and ready to worship. So stand in awe of Him today. He is worthy of your reverence, your wonder, and your worship.
“How awesome is the Lord Most High, the great King over all the earth!” (Psalm 47:2)
I stand in awe of You—Lord, I worship You. 🙏👑💙
No comments:
Post a Comment