Friday, 9 October 2026

Give me rest.

 Amen. “Give me rest” is a prayer Jesus loves to answer. He said, “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest” (Matthew 11:28). Not a temporary pause, but rest for your soul.


📖 The Scriptural Foundation


“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” (Matthew 11:28-30)


“My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.” (Exodus 33:14)


“Truly my soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him.” (Psalm 62:1)


“There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God; for anyone who enters God’s rest also rests from their works.” (Hebrews 4:9-10)


“He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul.” (Psalm 23:2-3)


🙏 A Prayer for Rest


Father,

I come to You weary and worn.

I have carried too much for too long.

I have strived and struggled and tried to do it all on my own.


Give me rest.


Rest for my body.

Rest for my mind.

Rest for my soul.

Rest for my spirit.


Quiet the noise within me.

Calm the storm around me.

Still the racing of my heart.

Ease the weight on my shoulders.


Help me to lay down what I was never meant to carry.

Help me to stop striving.

Help me to trust You with what I cannot control.


I take Your yoke upon me.

I learn from You.

For You are gentle and humble in heart.

And in You, I find rest.


“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” (Matthew 11:28)


In Jesus’ name,

Amen.


🕊️ A Declaration of Rest


I declare today:

God is giving me rest.

My soul finds rest in Him alone.

He makes me lie down in green pastures.

He leads me beside still waters.

He restores my soul.


I will not strive.

I will not worry.

I will not carry what He has asked me to lay down.


I rest in His presence.

I rest in His provision.

I rest in His peace.


“The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.” (Psalm 23:1)


💎 A Final Encouragement


Rest is not a reward for finishing everything—it is a gift He gives while you are still in process. He does not ask you to be strong enough; He asks you to come. So come to Him today. Lay it down. Breathe. And let His peace hold you.


“My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.” (Exodus 33:14)

No comments:

Post a Comment