Amen. "You are my righteousness."
This is one of the most powerful, liberating, and foundational declarations a believer can make. It is the very heart of the Gospel. When you say, "You are my righteousness," you are acknowledging that you have nothing to offer God on your own—no good works, no perfect record, no flawless obedience. Instead, you are exchanging your sin for His perfection. You are declaring that your right standing with God does not depend on what you do, but on what Jesus has already done for you.
“He made Christ who knew no sin to [judicially] be sin on our behalf, so that in Him we would become the righteousness of God [that is, we would be made acceptable to Him and placed in a right relationship with Him by His gracious lovingkindness].” — 2 Corinthians 5:21 (AMP)
---
The Scripture That Declares His Righteousness:
Jeremiah 23:6 (AMP) — “In His days Judah will be saved, And Israel will dwell safely; Now this is His name by which He will be called: The Lord Our Righteousness [Jehovah Tsidkenu].”
1 Corinthians 1:30 (AMP) — “But it is from Him that you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God [revealing His plan of salvation], and righteousness [making us acceptable to God], and sanctification [making us holy and setting us apart for God], and redemption [providing our ransom from the penalty for sin].”
Romans 3:22 (AMP) — “This righteousness of God comes through faith in Jesus Christ for all those [Jew or Gentile] who believe [and trust in Him and acknowledge Him as God’s Son]. There is no distinction.”
Philippians 3:9 (AMP) — “And may be found in Him [believing and relying on Him], not having any righteousness of my own derived from [my obedience to] the Law and its rituals, but [possessing] that [genuine righteousness] which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness which comes from God on the basis of faith.”
Isaiah 61:10 (AMP) — “I will greatly rejoice in the Lord; My soul will exult in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has wrapped me with a robe of righteousness.”
---
What It Means That He Is Your Righteousness:
· It means you are accepted. You do not have to earn God's approval. Because you are clothed in Christ's righteousness, the Father sees you as He sees Jesus—perfect, holy, and beloved.
· It means you are free from condemnation. The enemy can accuse you, but his accusations fall flat. Your righteousness is not based on your performance; it is based on Christ's finished work.
· It means you can approach God boldly. The throne of grace is open to you—not because you are perfect, but because Jesus is, and you are in Him.
· It means your identity is secure. Your standing before God does not fluctuate with your feelings, your failures, or your successes. It is anchored in the unchanging righteousness of Jesus Christ.
---
A Prayer of Declaration:
"Lord Jesus,
You are my righteousness.
Not my own goodness.
Not my own works.
Not my own perfection.
But You.
Only You.
I lay down my self-righteousness.
I lay down my attempts to earn Your love.
I lay down my striving to be good enough.
And I pick up Your robe of righteousness.
You are the One who makes me acceptable to God.
You are the One who makes me holy.
You are the One who makes me blameless.
You are the One who makes me whole.
When the enemy accuses me—
I point to You.
When my own heart condemns me—
I point to You.
When I feel unworthy—
I point to You.
You are my righteousness.
And because You are my righteousness,
I am accepted.
I am loved.
I am forgiven.
I am free.
Thank You, Lord.
For being everything I could never be.
For giving me everything I could never earn.
For making me righteous in Your sight.
I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus.
And I will walk in that truth—today and forever.
In Jesus’ name,
Amen.”
---
Declarations of Righteousness:
· "Jesus is my righteousness—I am accepted in the Beloved."
· "I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus."
· "My right standing with God is based on His finished work, not my performance."
· "I am clothed in the robe of His righteousness."
· "There is now no condemnation for me—I am in Christ Jesus."
· "I am holy, blameless, and above reproach in His sight."
· "I do not strive for righteousness—I receive it by faith."
· "My identity is secure in Christ—I am made right with God."
· "I approach the throne of grace with boldness—because I am clothed in His righteousness."
· "You are my righteousness, Lord—and I am Yours."
---
A Blessing Over You:
May you rest in the beautiful, liberating truth that Jesus is your righteousness. May you stop striving, stop earning, and stop trying to be good enough—and simply receive the gift that He has already given you. May you walk in the freedom of knowing that you are fully accepted, deeply loved, and completely forgiven. And may you know—deep in your soul—that when God looks at you, He sees the righteousness of His Son.
"You are my righteousness."
He is.
He always will be.
And in Him, you are made right with God.
Rest in that today—and walk in the freedom of His grace.
Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment