Amen. "Protect us from temptations" is a prayer that Jesus Himself taught us to pray—a humble acknowledgment of our weakness and our dependence on God to keep us from the snares of the enemy. It is the cry of a heart that knows it cannot stand on its own and looks to the Lord for strength and deliverance.
📖 The Scriptural Foundation
"And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one." (Matthew 6:13)
"No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it." (1 Corinthians 10:13)
"Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak." (Matthew 26:41)
"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles." (Hebrews 12:1)
"Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you." (James 4:7)
"For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin." (Hebrews 4:15)
⚔️ Understanding Temptation
Temptation Is... Because... A Scripture to Hold
Common to All Every believer faces it; we are not alone. "What is common to mankind." (1 Corinthians 10:13)
Not Sin Temptation becomes sin only when we yield to it. "But each person is tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed." (James 1:14)
An Opportunity for Victory With God's help, we can overcome it. "He will also provide a way out." (1 Corinthians 10:13)
🙏 A Prayer for Protection
Father,
I come before You with a humble heart,
Asking for Your protection from temptation.
I am weak, but You are strong.
I am vulnerable, but You are my refuge.
Protect us from temptations.
When the enemy tries to lure me away,
Give me strength to resist.
When my flesh is weak,
Remind me of Your strength.
When I am faced with a choice,
Lead me in the path of righteousness.
I do not want to fall.
I do not want to stumble.
I want to walk in Your ways.
Show me the way of escape.
Guard my heart and my mind.
Let me stand firm in You.
"Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one." (Matthew 6:13)
In Jesus' name,
Amen.
🕊️ A Declaration of Victory
I declare today:
God will protect me from temptation.
He will show me the way out.
He will strengthen me to resist.
I am not fighting in my own strength—
I am fighting in His power.
I am not alone in the battle—
He is with me.
The enemy cannot overcome me,
For greater is He who is in me.
"Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you." (James 4:7)
💎 A Final Encouragement
Temptation is not something to be feared—it is something to be overcome. With God's help, you can resist every lure, every enticement, and every attack of the enemy. He is faithful to provide a way of escape. When you are tempted, turn to Him. He will not let you fall.
"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want." (Psalm 23:1)
Protect us from temptations, Lord. We trust in You. 🙏🛡️💙
No comments:
Post a Comment