Saturday, 8 August 2026

Faith as a mustard seed.

 Amen. "Faith as small as a mustard seed" is one of the most encouraging and powerful truths Jesus ever spoke. It reminds us that it is not the size of our faith that matters, but the power of the God in whom we place our trust. Even the smallest seed of faith can move mountains when it is placed in the hands of the Almighty.


📖 The Scriptural Foundation


"He replied, 'Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.'" (Matthew 17:20)


"If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea,' and it will obey you." (Luke 17:6)


"He said to them, 'Because of your little faith. For truly, I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you.'" (Matthew 17:20, ESV)


"The apostles said to the Lord, 'Increase our faith!' He replied, 'If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, "Be uprooted and planted in the sea," and it will obey you.'" (Luke 17:5-6)


"But Jesus looked at them and said, 'With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.'" (Matthew 19:26)


"For truly I tell you, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; nothing will be impossible for you." (Matthew 17:20)


🌱 What It Means to Have Faith as Small as a Mustard Seed


This Means... Because... A Scripture to Hold

It's Not About the Size of Your Faith Even the smallest faith connected to the living God is powerful. "If you have faith as small as a mustard seed." (Matthew 17:20)

God's Power Makes the Difference Faith itself does not move mountains—God does, in response to faith. "Nothing will be impossible for you." (Matthew 17:20)

It Grows and Expands A mustard seed starts small, but grows into a large plant. Faith also grows through trust and experience. "It is the smallest of all seeds, but when it grows, it is the largest of garden plants." (Matthew 13:32)

It Moves Mountains The obstacles that seem impossible become possible when faith is placed in God. "You can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move." (Matthew 17:20)


🙏 A Prayer for Faith


Lord,

I come to You with the faith I have—

Even if it is as small as a mustard seed.

It is not much, but it is Yours.


I believe in You.

I trust in You.

I place my hope in You.


If I doubt, help me to trust.

If I am weak, help me to rely on You.

If I am afraid, help me to remember that You are with me.


Grow my faith, Lord.

Strengthen my trust.

Increase my hope.


"I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!" (Mark 9:24)


In Jesus' name,

Amen.


🕊️ A Declaration of Mustard Seed Faith


I declare today:

I have faith as small as a mustard seed.

I place it in the hands of the living God.

He is able to do immeasurably more than I ask or imagine.


My faith is not in its own strength—

It is in the One who moves mountains.

My faith is not in its own power—

It is in the One who is all-powerful.


With God, nothing is impossible.

And He is with me.


"Nothing will be impossible for you." (Matthew 17:20)


💎 A Final Encouragement


You do not need to have perfect faith. You do not need to have great faith. You only need to have faith in a great God. Even a tiny, trembling mustard seed of faith, placed in His hands, can move mountains that seem impossible. So do not despise the smallness of your faith—celebrate the greatness of your God.


"If you have faith as small as a mustard seed... nothing will be impossible for you." (Matthew 17:20)


Your mustard seed faith is enough—because it is placed in the hands of the One who does the impossible. 🙏🌱✨

No comments:

Post a Comment