Friday, 14 August 2026

May dry bones grow.

 Amen. "May dry bones grow" is a prayer of resurrection—a plea for life to spring forth from what seems dead, dry, and beyond hope. It is the cry of faith that trusts in the God who breathes life into the lifeless, restores the broken, and raises the dead.


📖 The Scriptural Foundation


"The hand of the Lord was upon me, and he brought me out in the Spirit of the Lord and set me down in the middle of the valley; it was full of bones. And he led me around among them, and behold, there were very many on the surface of the valley, and behold, they were very dry. And he said to me, 'Son of man, can these bones live?' And I answered, 'O Lord God, you know.' Then he said to me, 'Prophesy over these bones, and say to them, O dry bones, hear the word of the Lord. Thus says the Lord God to these bones: Behold, I will cause breath to enter you, and you shall live.'" (Ezekiel 37:1-5, ESV)


"So I prophesied as I was commanded. And as I prophesied, there was a sound, and behold, a rattling, and the bones came together, bone to its bone. And I looked, and behold, there were sinews on them, and flesh had come upon them, and skin had covered them. But there was no breath in them. Then he said to me, 'Prophesy to the breath; prophesy, son of man, and say to the breath, Thus says the Lord God: Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe on these slain, that they may live.' So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived and stood on their feet, an exceedingly great army." (Ezekiel 37:7-10, ESV)


"And you shall know that I am the Lord, when I open your graves and raise you from your graves, O my people." (Ezekiel 37:13, ESV)


"The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing." (John 6:63)


"I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die." (John 11:25)


🌱 What It Means for Dry Bones to Grow


This Means... Because... A Scripture to Hold

God Brings Life from Death What seems dead can be raised. "I will cause breath to enter you, and you shall live." (Ezekiel 37:5)

Restoration of Brokenness Broken pieces are made whole. "The bones came together, bone to its bone." (Ezekiel 37:7)

New Life from Dry Places Barrenness is turned to fruitfulness. "I will put my Spirit within you, and you shall live." (Ezekiel 37:14)

Revival of Hope Despair is turned to praise. "An exceedingly great army." (Ezekiel 37:10)


🙏 A Prayer for Dry Bones to Grow


Father,

I bring before You the dry bones in my life—

The dead dreams, the broken relationships,

The hopeless situations, the barren seasons.


Breathe life into them.

Let sinews connect what is broken.

Let flesh cover what is exposed.

Let breath come from the four winds.


Raise what has fallen.

Restore what has withered.

Revive what has died.


Let dry bones grow into an army,

And let Your glory be revealed in me.


"O dry bones, hear the word of the Lord. Behold, I will cause breath to enter you, and you shall live." (Ezekiel 37:4-5)


In Jesus' name,

Amen.


🕊️ A Declaration of Resurrection


I declare today:

Dry bones are growing.

The Spirit of the Lord is breathing on them.

Life is springing forth from death.

Hope is rising from despair.


I will not be defined by what is dead.

I am defined by the One who brings life.

I will not lose heart over dry places.

I will trust in the God of resurrection.


"The Spirit gives life." (John 6:63)


💎 A Final Encouragement


God is the God of resurrection. He brings life from death, hope from despair, and beauty from ashes. What seems dry and lifeless in your life is not beyond His power. He is breathing on it. He is restoring it. He is raising it to new life. Trust Him. He is making all things new.


"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want." (Psalm 23:1)


May dry bones grow—and may His glory be revealed. 🙏🕊️💙

No comments:

Post a Comment