Saturday, 15 August 2026

Show me your face, Lord.

 Amen. "Show me Your face, Lord" is the deepest cry of the human heart—a longing to encounter God not from a distance, but up close; not in word only, but in presence. It is the prayer of Moses, the plea of David, and the desire of every soul that has tasted His goodness and longs for more.


📖 The Scriptural Foundation


"And the Lord said to Moses, 'I will do the very thing you have asked, because I am pleased with you and I know you by name.' Then Moses said, 'Now show me your glory.'" (Exodus 33:17-18)


"I will cause all my goodness to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim my name, the Lord, in your presence." (Exodus 33:19)


"You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." (Jeremiah 29:13)


"One thing I ask from the Lord, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple." (Psalm 27:4)


"Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God." (Matthew 5:8)


"The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace." (Numbers 6:24-26)


👑 What It Means to See His Face


Seeing His Face Means... Because... A Scripture to Hold

Intimacy You are near to Him and He to you. "Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you." (James 4:8)

Favor His presence brings blessing and grace. "The Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you." (Numbers 6:25)

Peace His face brings rest to the soul. "The Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace." (Numbers 6:26)

Transformation Beholding Him changes you. "We all... are being transformed into his image." (2 Corinthians 3:18)

Fulfillment Nothing else satisfies like His presence. "In your presence there is fullness of joy." (Psalm 16:11)


🙏 A Prayer for His Face


Lord,

I long to see Your face.

Not just Your works,

Not just Your blessings—

But You.


Show me Your glory.

Reveal Your presence.

Let Your face shine upon me.


I am not satisfied with a distant knowledge of You.

I want to know You intimately.

I want to gaze on Your beauty.

I want to dwell in Your presence.


Open my eyes to see You.

Open my heart to receive You.

Open my life to reflect You.


"One thing I ask from the Lord, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the Lord." (Psalm 27:4)


In Jesus' name,

Amen.


🕊️ A Declaration of Desire


I declare today:

I seek Your face, Lord.

I will not settle for less.

I will not stop seeking until I find You.


Your presence is my greatest treasure.

Your face is my deepest desire.

Your glory is my highest aim.


I will gaze on Your beauty.

I will rest in Your presence.

I will live in Your love.


"You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." (Jeremiah 29:13)


💎 A Final Encouragement


The Lord is not hiding from you—He is inviting you to seek Him. He promises that when you seek Him with all your heart, you will find Him. Do not settle for a distant faith. Pursue His presence. Long for His face. He will meet you there, and you will never be the same.


"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want." (Psalm 23:1)


Show me Your face, Lord—I am seeking You. 🙏👑💙

No comments:

Post a Comment