Saturday, 1 August 2026

We have sin and fall short of Your Glory

 This is the most honest prayer we can pray—and the one that opens the door to the deepest grace.


"For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." — Romans 3:23 (AMP)


Yes, Lord. We have sinned. We have missed the mark. We have failed to reflect Your glory. But that is not the end of the story.


The Verse That Follows:


Romans 3:24 (AMP) — "[All are] justified and made righteous by His grace as a gift, through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus."


And again:


Romans 6:23 (AMP) — "The wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."


---


A Prayer of Confession:


"Lord,

We confess that we have sinned.

We have fallen short of Your glory—

in thought, word, and deed.


We have not loved You with all our heart.

We have not loved our neighbor as ourselves.

We have wandered, stumbled, and failed.


But we do not hide from You.

We come to You—

not with excuses, but with honesty.

Not with pride, but with humility.


We ask for Your forgiveness—

not because we deserve it,

but because You are merciful.

We receive Your grace—

not because we earned it,

but because Jesus paid it.


Thank You that while we were still sinners,

Christ died for us.

Thank You that sin does not have the final word—

grace does."


---


Declarations of Grace:


· "I am a sinner saved by grace."

· "My sin is forgiven—washed away by the blood of Jesus."

· "I no longer live under condemnation—I live under grace."

· "God’s grace is greater than my sin."

· "Where sin abounded, grace abounded all the more."

· "I am justified freely by His grace."

· "I am a new creation in Christ—old things have passed away."

· "The gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ my Lord."

· "I am not defined by my failures—I am defined by His love."

· "Grace has the final word over my life."


---


A Blessing of Forgiveness:


May you know with certainty that your sins are forgiven. May the weight of guilt be lifted from your shoulders. May the blood of Jesus cleanse your conscience. May you walk in the freedom that comes from knowing you are fully and eternally forgiven. And may you never doubt that you are loved—not because you are perfect, but because He is faithful.


We have sinned and fallen short of Your glory. And He says: "I forgive you. I restore you. I make you whole." Walk in that grace today.

No comments:

Post a Comment