Amen. "You are our desire" is the cry of a heart that has tasted the goodness of God and found nothing else compares. It is the longing of the soul that has discovered that He alone satisfies, He alone fulfills, and He alone is the deepest desire of the human heart.
📖 The Scriptural Foundation
"Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." (Psalm 73:25-26)
"One thing I ask from the Lord, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple." (Psalm 27:4)
"As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, my God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God." (Psalm 42:1-2)
"O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you; my flesh faints for you, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water." (Psalm 63:1, ESV)
"Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart." (Psalm 37:4, ESV)
💖 What It Means That He Is Your Desire
This Means... Because... A Scripture to Hold
He Is Your Treasure Nothing else compares to knowing Him. "Earth has nothing I desire besides you." (Psalm 73:25)
He Is Your Satisfaction He alone fills the deepest longings of your soul. "He satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things." (Psalm 107:9)
He Is Your Pursuit You seek Him above all else. "Earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you." (Psalm 63:1)
He Is Your Delight You find joy in His presence. "Delight yourself in the Lord." (Psalm 37:4)
He Is Your Home Your heart finds its rest in Him. "My soul finds rest in God alone." (Psalm 62:1)
🙏 A Prayer of Longing
Father,
You are our desire.
Not the things You give,
Not the blessings You pour out—
But You.
You alone.
Our hearts long for You.
Our souls thirst for You.
Our spirits cry out for Your presence.
You are the treasure we seek.
You are the satisfaction we long for.
You are the home our hearts have been searching for.
Draw us closer to You.
Fill us with more of You.
Let our desire for You grow deeper every day.
"Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you." (Psalm 73:25)
In Jesus’ name,
Amen.
🕊️ A Declaration of Desire
I declare today:
The Lord is my desire.
He is my treasure.
He is my satisfaction.
He is my pursuit.
He is my delight.
He is my home.
I will seek Him above all else.
I will long for Him more than anything.
I will find my joy in His presence.
For He alone is enough.
He alone is worthy.
He alone is my everything.
“The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.” (Psalm 23:1)
💎 A Final Encouragement
When God is your desire, everything else falls into its proper place. You stop chasing after things that cannot satisfy. You stop searching for fulfillment in places that leave you empty. You find your rest, your joy, and your purpose in the One who made you and loves you. Let Him be your desire today—and every day.
“Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.” (Psalm 37:4)
You are our desire, Lord—and we will seek You all our days. 🙏💙🕊️
No comments:
Post a Comment