Amen. “Forgive me as I forgive my debtor” is one of the most searching and powerful prayers Jesus taught us to pray. It is a cry for mercy that recognizes the inseparable link between receiving forgiveness and extending it. It is not a bargain or a condition we set—it is a reflection of the heart that has truly understood grace.
📖 The Scriptural Foundation
“And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.” (Matthew 6:12)
“For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.” (Matthew 6:14-15)
“Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.” (Ephesians 4:32)
“Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.” (Colossians 3:13)
“Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, ‘Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?’ Jesus answered, ‘I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.’” (Matthew 18:21-22)
“If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.” (1 John 1:9)
💔 What This Prayer Means
This Prayer Means... Because... A Scripture to Hold
You Are Asking for Mercy You need God's forgiveness for your own sins. “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us.” (1 John 1:9)
You Are Extending Mercy You choose to release those who have wronged you. “Forgive as the Lord forgave you.” (Colossians 3:13)
You Are Reflecting Grace You forgive not because they deserve it, but because you have been forgiven. “Be kind and compassionate... forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.” (Ephesians 4:32)
You Are Breaking Bitterness Forgiveness uproots resentment and sets you free. “See to it that no one falls short of the grace of God.” (Hebrews 12:15)
You Are Being Like Christ Jesus forgave even those who crucified Him. “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.” (Luke 23:34)
🙏 A Prayer of Forgiveness
Father,
I come before You with a humble heart.
Forgive me my debts,
As I forgive my debtors.
Forgive me for my sins—
The ones I remember and the ones I have forgotten.
Wash me clean by the blood of Jesus.
Purify me from all unrighteousness.
And I choose to forgive those who have sinned against me.
I release them from the debt they owe me.
I let go of the offense.
I give up my right to revenge.
I bless them and pray for them.
I do not want to hold onto bitterness.
I do not want to be bound by unforgiveness.
I want to be free.
I want to be like You.
“Forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.” (Matthew 6:12)
In Jesus’ name,
Amen.
🕊️ A Declaration of Forgiveness
I declare today:
I am forgiven by the grace of God.
I forgive those who have wronged me.
I release every debt.
I let go of every offense.
I will not be bound by bitterness.
I will not be held by resentment.
I will not be ruled by anger.
I choose forgiveness.
I choose freedom.
I choose love.
“Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.” (Ephesians 4:32)
💎 A Final Encouragement
Forgiveness is not easy—it is a supernatural act of grace. But it is the doorway to freedom. When you forgive, you are not saying that what they did was okay. You are saying that you will not let it hold you captive any longer. You are releasing the debt to God and trusting Him to bring justice and healing. And as you forgive, you open your own heart to receive the fullness of God’s forgiveness. Receive it today. Extend it today. And walk in the freedom that forgiveness brings.
“For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.” (Matthew 6:14)
Forgive me as I forgive my debtor—I choose forgiveness today. 🙏💙🕊️
No comments:
Post a Comment