Amen. "Lord, lead me not into temptation" is a prayer Jesus Himself taught us to pray—a humble acknowledgment of our weakness and a trust in God's guidance and protection. It is not a fear that God would tempt us (He never does—James 1:13), but a plea that He would keep us from being led astray by our own desires or the enemy's schemes.
📖 The Scriptural Foundation
"And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one." (Matthew 6:13)
"No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it." (1 Corinthians 10:13)
"Because he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted." (Hebrews 2:18)
"For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin." (Hebrews 4:15)
"Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you." (James 4:7)
🛡️ What It Means to Pray This Prayer
This Prayer Means... Because... A Scripture to Hold
You Rely on God's Guidance You ask Him to keep you from paths that lead to sin. "Lead us not into temptation." (Matthew 6:13)
You Trust His Protection He is faithful to provide a way out. "He will also provide a way out." (1 Corinthians 10:13)
You Lean on His Strength You cannot resist in your own power. "My grace is sufficient for you." (2 Corinthians 12:9)
You Have an Advocate Jesus understands your weakness and helps you. "He is able to help those who are being tempted." (Hebrews 2:18)
🙏 A Prayer for Protection from Temptation
Father,
I come before You with a humble heart.
Lead me not into temptation,
But deliver me from the evil one.
When the enemy tries to lure me away,
Give me strength to resist.
When my flesh is weak,
Remind me of Your strength.
When I am faced with a choice,
Show me the way of escape.
Guard my eyes, my thoughts, my words, and my steps.
Let Your Spirit lead me and Your Word guide me.
Help me to walk in holiness and truth.
"God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out." (1 Corinthians 10:13)
In Jesus’ name,
Amen.
🕊️ A Declaration of Victory
I declare today:
I am not led into temptation.
God is faithful.
He provides a way out.
He strengthens me to resist.
I will not be overcome by sin.
I will not be trapped by the enemy.
I will not yield to the flesh.
For greater is He who is in me
Than he who is in the world.
“Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.” (James 4:7)
💎 A Final Encouragement
Temptation is not sin—yielding to it is. You have a faithful God who sees, knows, and provides a way of escape. When temptation comes, turn to Him immediately. Pray, resist, and trust His strength. He will not let you fall.
“The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.” (Psalm 23:1)
Lord, lead me not into temptation—I trust in You. 🙏🛡️💙
No comments:
Post a Comment