Saturday, 26 September 2026

Fulfilling the Law of God.

 Amen. "Fulfilling the Law of God" is a profound truth that touches the heart of the gospel—not that we fulfill the law by our own efforts, but that Christ fulfilled it for us, and now by His Spirit, we live in a way that honors God. It is not about legalism or trying harder; it is about love, grace, and the righteousness of Christ working in and through us.


📖 The Scriptural Foundation


"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them." (Matthew 5:17)


"For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes." (Romans 10:4, ESV)


"Love does no harm to a neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law." (Romans 13:10)


"For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'" (Galatians 5:14)


"And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit." (2 Corinthians 3:18)


"For what the law was powerless to do because it was weakened by the flesh, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in the flesh, in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit." (Romans 8:3-4)


✨ What It Means to Fulfill the Law of God


This Means... Because... A Scripture to Hold

Christ Fulfilled It for Us We cannot fulfill the law in our own strength, but Jesus did. "I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them." (Matthew 5:17)

We Are Free from Condemnation The law no longer condemns us because Christ bore our penalty. "There is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." (Romans 8:1)

We Fulfill It Through Love Love is the summary of the law. "Love is the fulfillment of the law." (Romans 13:10)

The Spirit Empowers Us We live by the Spirit, not by the flesh. "The righteous requirement of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit." (Romans 8:4)

We Are Being Transformed God is making us more like Christ. "We are being transformed into his image." (2 Corinthians 3:18)


🙏 A Prayer for Fulfilling the Law of God


Father,

I thank You that Jesus fulfilled the law on my behalf.

I cannot keep it perfectly in my own strength,

But He kept it perfectly for me.


Thank You that I am no longer under condemnation.

Thank You that the righteousness of Christ is mine by faith.


Help me to live by Your Spirit,

Not by the flesh.

Help me to love as You love.

Help me to fulfill Your law through love.


Let Your Spirit work in me,

Transforming me into the image of Christ,

So that my life reflects Your heart.


"Love is the fulfillment of the law." (Romans 13:10)


In Jesus’ name,

Amen.


🕊️ A Declaration of Fulfillment


I declare today:

Jesus fulfilled the law for me.

I am free from condemnation.

I live by the Spirit, not by the flesh.


The righteousness of Christ is mine.

The love of God fills me.

The Spirit empowers me.


I will love God with all my heart.

I will love my neighbor as myself.

And in doing so, I fulfill the law of God.


“For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’” (Galatians 5:14)


💎 A Final Encouragement


You do not have to fulfill the law by your own strength. Christ has already done that for you. You are not under condemnation—you are under grace. Now, by the power of the Holy Spirit, you can live in a way that honors God—not to earn His love, but because you have already received it. Fulfilling the law is not about rules; it is about love. Love God. Love others. And let His Spirit do the rest.


“The righteous requirement of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.” (Romans 8:4)


Fulfilling the Law of God—by His grace, through His Spirit, in His love. 🙏💙🕊️

No comments:

Post a Comment