Friday, 25 September 2026

Live a moment in time: Sufficient of the day is the evil thereof.

 Amen. "Live a moment in time: sufficient for the day is the evil thereof" is a gentle invitation from Jesus to stop borrowing tomorrow's troubles and to simply live in the grace of today. It is not a call to ignore the future, but a call to trust the One who holds it.


📖 The Scriptural Foundation


"Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." (Matthew 6:34, KJV)


"Give us this day our daily bread." (Matthew 6:11)


"This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." (Psalm 118:24)


"His compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness." (Lamentations 3:22-23, KJV)


"Boast not thyself of to morrow; for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth." (Proverbs 27:1, KJV)


"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." (Matthew 6:33)


🕊️ What It Means to Live a Moment in Time


This Means... Because... A Scripture to Hold

Today Has Enough You don't need to carry tomorrow's burdens today. "Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." (Matthew 6:34)

Grace Is Daily His mercies are new every morning. "They are new every morning." (Lamentations 3:23)

God Is Present Now He is not just the God of tomorrow—He is here today. "This is the day which the Lord hath made." (Psalm 118:24)

Tomorrow Belongs to Him You can release what you cannot control. "Boast not thyself of to morrow." (Proverbs 27:1)

Today Is a Gift Every moment is an opportunity to trust Him. "Give us this day our daily bread." (Matthew 6:11)


🙏 A Prayer for This Moment


Father,

I quiet my heart before You.

I stop reaching for tomorrow.

I stop replaying yesterday.

I simply rest in this moment with You.


This is the day You have made.

I will rejoice and be glad in it.

Your mercies are new this morning.

Your grace is sufficient for this hour.

Your presence is here, right now.


I will not worry about what is ahead.

I will not carry what I cannot hold.

I will trust You with tomorrow,

And I will walk with You today.


One moment at a time.

One breath at a time.

One step at a time.


"Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." (Matthew 6:34)


In Jesus’ name,

Amen.


🕊️ A Declaration of Today


I declare today:

This is the day the Lord has made.

I will rejoice and be glad in it.


I will not borrow tomorrow's troubles.

I will not carry yesterday's regrets.

I will not miss today's grace.


His mercies are new this morning.

His faithfulness is my foundation.

His presence is my peace.


Today, I trust Him.

Today, I walk with Him.

Today, I rest in Him.


“The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.” (Psalm 23:1)


💎 A Final Encouragement


You do not have to live in the past or worry about the future. You only have to live in this moment—with Him. His grace is sufficient for today. His mercy is new this morning. His presence is with you right now. So breathe. Rest. Trust. And let today be enough. Because He is enough.


“This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.” (Psalm 118:24)


Live a moment in time—sufficient for the day is the evil thereof. 🙏🌅💙

No comments:

Post a Comment