Amen. "Lord, free me from temptations" is a prayer of dependence and humility—a cry for deliverance from the snares of sin and the pull of the enemy. It is the prayer Jesus taught us to pray, and it is the honest confession that we cannot overcome temptation on our own.
📖 The Scriptural Foundation
"And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one." (Matthew 6:13)
"No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it." (1 Corinthians 10:13)
"Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak." (Matthew 26:41)
"Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you." (James 4:7)
"For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin." (Hebrews 4:15)
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!" (2 Corinthians 5:17)
🛡️ What It Means to Be Freed from Temptation
This Means... Because... A Scripture to Hold
You Are Not Alone God is with you and will help you resist. "God is faithful." (1 Corinthians 10:13)
He Provides a Way Out He gives you strength to endure. "He will also provide a way out." (1 Corinthians 10:13)
You Have Authority You can resist the enemy in Jesus' name. "Resist the devil, and he will flee from you." (James 4:7)
His Grace Is Sufficient His power is made perfect in your weakness. "My grace is sufficient for you." (2 Corinthians 12:9)
🙏 A Prayer for Deliverance
Father,
I come before You with a humble heart,
Asking that You would free me from temptation.
I am weak, but You are strong.
I am vulnerable, but You are my refuge.
Lead me not into temptation.
Deliver me from the evil one.
When the enemy tries to lure me away,
Give me strength to resist.
When my flesh is weak,
Remind me of Your power.
I trust in Your deliverance.
I rest in Your grace.
I stand firm in Your truth.
"Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one." (Matthew 6:13)
In Jesus' name,
Amen.
🕊️ A Declaration of Victory
I declare today:
I am free from the power of temptation.
God is faithful.
He will not let me be tempted beyond what I can bear.
He will provide a way out.
I will not be a slave to sin.
I will not be trapped by the enemy.
I will not be overcome by the flesh.
For greater is He who is in me
Than he who is in the world.
"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want." (Psalm 23:1)
💎 A Final Encouragement
Temptation is not something to be ashamed of—it is something to overcome. With God's help, you can resist every lure, every enticement, and every attack of the enemy. He is faithful to provide a way of escape. When you are tempted, turn to Him. He will not let you fall.
"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want." (Psalm 23:1)
Lord, free me from temptations—I trust in You. 🙏🛡️💙
No comments:
Post a Comment