Tuesday, 1 September 2026

Psalm 23

 Amen. Psalm 23 is one of the most beloved and comforting passages in all of Scripture—a declaration of God's tender care, faithful guidance, and unfailing love. It is the song of a soul that trusts in the Shepherd completely.


📖 The Psalm


Psalm 23


"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

He makes me lie down in green pastures.

He leads me beside still waters.

He restores my soul.

He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.


Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,

I will fear no evil, for you are with me;

your rod and your staff, they comfort me.


You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;

you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.


Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life,

and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever."


🐑 What Psalm 23 Means for You


Verse What It Means A Truth to Hold

"The Lord is my shepherd" You are not alone—He leads you. "I am the good shepherd." (John 10:11)

"I shall not want" He provides everything you need. "My God will supply every need." (Philippians 4:19)

"He makes me lie down in green pastures" He gives you rest and peace. "Come to me... and I will give you rest." (Matthew 11:28)

"He leads me beside still waters" He brings calm to your soul. "He restores my soul." (Psalm 23:3)

"He restores my soul" He heals and renews you. "He heals the brokenhearted." (Psalm 147:3)

"He leads me in paths of righteousness" He guides you in truth. "Your word is a lamp for my feet." (Psalm 119:105)

"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death" You face trials, but you are not alone. "I will never leave you nor forsake you." (Hebrews 13:5)

"I will fear no evil, for you are with me" His presence is your protection. "The Lord is my light and my salvation—whom shall I fear?" (Psalm 27:1)

"Your rod and your staff, they comfort me" He guides and protects you. "He will cover you with his feathers." (Psalm 91:4)

"You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies" He blesses you even in the midst of opposition. "The blessing of the Lord brings wealth." (Proverbs 10:22)

"You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows" He pours out His abundant blessing. "I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." (John 10:10)

"Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life" His love pursues you every day. "His love endures forever." (Psalm 136:1)

"I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever" You have eternal hope in Him. "I go to prepare a place for you." (John 14:2)


🙏 A Prayer of the Shepherd


Lord,

You are my Shepherd.

I shall not want.


Lead me to green pastures.

Restore my soul.

Guide me in Your truth.


When I walk through the valley,

Let me fear no evil—

For You are with me.


Let Your goodness and mercy follow me

All the days of my life,

And let me dwell in Your house forever.


"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want." (Psalm 23:1)


In Jesus' name,

Amen.


🕊️ A Declaration of Trust


I declare today:

The Lord is my Shepherd.

I lack nothing.

He leads me, restores me, and protects me.


I will not fear the valley.

I will not be shaken by the enemy.

I will not lose hope.


His goodness and mercy follow me—

Today, tomorrow, and forever.


"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want." (Psalm 23:1)


💎 A Final Encouragement


Psalm 23 is not just a passage to read—it is a promise to live by. The Shepherd is with you. He will provide, protect, and guide you all the days of your life. Rest in His care. He will never lead you astray.


"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want." (Psalm 23:1)


Psalm 23—my Shepherd, my rest, my hope. 🙏🐑💙

No comments:

Post a Comment