Amen. "If You are willing, make me clean" is a prayer of humility and faith—the cry of the leper who came to Jesus, trusting in His power to heal and submitting to His will. It is the honest confession that we cannot cleanse ourselves, but we can come to the One who can.
📖 The Scriptural Foundation
"A man with leprosy came and knelt before him and said, 'Lord, if you are willing, you can make me clean.' Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man. 'I am willing,' he said. 'Be clean!' Immediately he was cleansed of his leprosy." (Matthew 8:2-3)
"Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man. 'I am willing,' he said. 'Be clean!' Immediately the leprosy left him and he was cleansed." (Mark 1:41-42)
"Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man. 'I am willing,' he said. 'Be clean!' And immediately the leprosy left him." (Luke 5:13)
"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness." (1 John 1:9)
"Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me." (Psalm 51:10)
✨ What It Means to Pray This Prayer
This Means... Because... A Scripture to Hold
Humility You recognize your need for cleansing. "Lord, if you are willing." (Matthew 8:2)
Faith You believe He is able to make you clean. "You can make me clean." (Matthew 8:2)
Trust You trust His goodness and sovereignty. "Jesus reached out his hand and touched him." (Matthew 8:3)
Surrender You submit to His will. "If you are willing." (Matthew 8:2)
🙏 A Prayer of Cleansing
Lord Jesus,
I come to You like the leper—
Humble, believing, and trusting.
I know that You are able to make me clean.
I trust that You are good.
If You are willing, make me clean—
Cleanse my heart,
Wash away my sins,
Purify my thoughts,
Renew my spirit.
I submit to Your will.
I trust in Your love.
I believe in Your power.
"Lord, if you are willing, you can make me clean." (Matthew 8:2)
In Jesus' name,
Amen.
🕊️ A Declaration of Cleansing
I declare today:
Jesus is willing to make me clean.
He reaches out and touches me.
He cleanses me.
He makes me whole.
I am forgiven.
I am purified.
I am made new.
"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want." (Psalm 23:1)
💎 A Final Encouragement
Jesus' response to the leper is His response to you: "I am willing." He is not reluctant to cleanse you—He is moved with compassion. He invites you to come to Him, to trust in His power, and to receive His cleansing. He is willing. He is able. And He is with you.
"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want." (Psalm 23:1)
If You are willing, make me clean—I trust in You. 🙏🕊️💙
No comments:
Post a Comment