Amen. "Shema, Listen and obey" is the heartbeat of a life fully surrendered to God. The Shema is the central confession of faith in Judaism, and it is the foundation of a life that loves God with everything. It is not just a prayer—it is a way of life. It is the call to hear, to listen, and to obey the One who is worthy of all our love.
📖 The Scriptural Foundation
"Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength." (Deuteronomy 6:4-5)
"These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up." (Deuteronomy 6:6-7)
"But be very careful to keep the commandment and the law that Moses the servant of the Lord gave you: to love the Lord your God, to walk in obedience to him, to keep his commands, to hold fast to him and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul." (Joshua 22:5)
"If you love me, keep my commands." (John 14:15)
"Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me." (John 14:21)
"But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves." (James 1:22, ESV)
✨ What It Means to Listen and Obey
This Means... Because... A Scripture to Hold
You Hear His Voice You are attentive to His Word. "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me." (John 10:27)
You Love Him Fully You love Him with all your heart, soul, and strength. "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength." (Deuteronomy 6:5)
You Obey His Commands Your love is demonstrated through obedience. "If you love me, keep my commands." (John 14:15)
You Walk in His Ways You follow His leading daily. "Walk in obedience to him, to keep his commands, to hold fast to him." (Joshua 22:5)
You Are a Doer of the Word You put His Word into practice. "Be doers of the word, and not hearers only." (James 1:22)
🙏 A Prayer of the Shema
Father,
Hear, O Israel—
The Lord our God, the Lord is one.
I listen to Your voice.
I hear Your Word.
I open my heart to Your leading.
Help me to love You with all my heart,
With all my soul,
With all my strength.
Help me to obey Your commands.
Help me to walk in Your ways.
Help me to hold fast to You.
Help me to serve You with all my heart.
Let Your Word be on my heart.
Let me talk about them when I sit at home,
When I walk along the road,
When I lie down and when I get up.
I am listening, Lord.
I am obeying.
I am Yours.
"Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength." (Deuteronomy 6:4-5)
In Jesus’ name,
Amen.
🕊️ A Declaration of Obedience
I declare today:
I hear the voice of the Lord.
I love Him with all my heart.
I love Him with all my soul.
I love Him with all my strength.
I obey His commands.
I walk in His ways.
I hold fast to Him.
I serve Him with all my heart.
I am a doer of the Word,
Not just a hearer.
And I am blessed in all I do.
"But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves." (James 1:22)
💎 A Final Encouragement
The Shema is the foundation of a life that is fully surrendered to God. It is the call to hear His voice, to love Him completely, and to obey Him wholeheartedly. It is not a one-time prayer—it is a daily commitment. When you listen and obey, you are building your life on the solid rock of His Word. So hear, O child of God. Listen to His voice. Obey His commands. And watch as He leads you into the fullness of all He has prepared for you.
“But be very careful to keep the commandment and the law... to love the Lord your God, to walk in obedience to him, to keep his commands, to hold fast to him and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul.” (Joshua 22:5)
Shema—listen and obey. 🙏💙🕊️
No comments:
Post a Comment