Amen. "Lord, You were bruised for my iniquity" is the deep, painful, and beautiful truth of the cross—the confession that Jesus took upon Himself the crushing weight of our sin, our guilt, and our shame. He was bruised so we could be healed. He was broken so we could be made whole. He bore the wounding of our iniquity so we could receive the wholeness of His righteousness.
📖 The Scriptural Foundation
"But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed." (Isaiah 53:5)
"He himself bore our sins in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed." (1 Peter 2:24)
"God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God." (2 Corinthians 5:21)
"For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God." (1 Peter 3:18)
"My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death." (Matthew 26:38)
"He was crushed for our iniquities." (Isaiah 53:5)
💔 What It Means That He Was Bruised for Your Iniquity
This Means... Because... A Scripture to Hold
He Took Your Punishment The crushing weight of sin fell on Him. "The punishment that brought us peace was on him." (Isaiah 53:5)
Your Guilt Is Removed He bore the iniquity that was yours. "He himself bore our sins in his body on the cross." (1 Peter 2:24)
You Are Healed His bruising brought your healing. "By his wounds you have been healed." (1 Peter 2:24)
You Are Made Righteous His suffering secured your standing before God. "In him we might become the righteousness of God." (2 Corinthians 5:21)
You Have Peace The punishment that brought you peace was on Him. "The punishment that brought us peace was on him." (Isaiah 53:5)
🙏 A Prayer of Gratitude
Lord Jesus,
You were bruised for my iniquity.
You were crushed under the weight of my sin.
You took the punishment that I deserved.
You bore the guilt that was mine to carry.
I cannot comprehend the depth of Your suffering.
I cannot fathom the weight of Your sacrifice.
But I receive it with a grateful heart.
Thank You for being bruised for me.
Thank You for being crushed for me.
Thank You for taking my shame.
Thank You for giving me Your righteousness.
Thank You for healing me by Your wounds.
I am forgiven because of You.
I am healed because of You.
I am free because of You.
I am Yours because of You.
"He was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed." (Isaiah 53:5)
In Jesus’ name,
Amen.
🕊️ A Declaration of Healing and Forgiveness
I declare today:
Jesus was bruised for my iniquity.
He was crushed for my sin.
By His wounds, I am healed.
I am forgiven.
I am cleansed.
I am made righteous.
I am set free.
I am not defined by my sin—
I am defined by His sacrifice.
I am not held by my guilt—
I am held by His love.
“Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.” (Romans 8:1)
💎 A Final Encouragement
The bruising of Jesus was not a random act of violence—it was the deliberate, loving sacrifice of the Lamb of God for the sin of the world. He was bruised so you could be healed. He was crushed so you could be whole. He took your iniquity so you could take His righteousness. Let this truth sink deep into your soul. You are forgiven. You are healed. You are loved. And it is all because of Him.
“By his wounds you have been healed.” (1 Peter 2:24)
You were bruised for my iniquity—and I will praise You forever. 🙏✝️💙
No comments:
Post a Comment