Wednesday, 23 September 2026

Bring us to still waters.

 Amen. “Bring us to calm water” is a prayer that echoes the Shepherd’s Psalm—the cry of a weary soul longing for rest, for peace, for the still waters where the soul is restored. He does not lead us to raging seas but to quiet streams. He does not drive us but gently guides us.


📖 The Scriptural Foundation


“He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul.” (Psalm 23:2-3)


“The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.” (Psalm 23:1)


“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” (Matthew 11:28)


“He stilled the storm to a whisper; the waves of the sea were hushed.” (Psalm 107:29)


“You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you.” (Isaiah 26:3)


“Let us therefore strive to enter that rest.” (Hebrews 4:11, ESV)


🌊 What It Means to Be Led to Calm Water


This Means... Because... A Scripture to Hold

He Gives You Rest He makes you lie down in green pastures. “He makes me lie down in green pastures.” (Psalm 23:2)

He Quiets Your Soul He leads you beside still waters. “He leads me beside quiet waters.” (Psalm 23:2)

He Restores Your Strength He refreshes your weary spirit. “He refreshes my soul.” (Psalm 23:3)

He Calms the Storm He speaks peace to the chaos. “He stilled the storm to a whisper.” (Psalm 107:29)

He Gives You His Peace A peace the world cannot give. “My peace I give you.” (John 14:27)


🙏 A Prayer to Be Brought to Calm Water


Father,

I come to You weary and worn.

The storms of life have tossed me.

The waves of worry have overwhelmed me.

I need the calm water that only You can give.


Lead me beside still waters.

Quiet the noise within me.

Steady the racing of my heart.

Soothe the anxiety of my mind.


Let Your peace wash over me

Like a gentle stream.

Let Your presence settle me

Like a child resting in safe arms.


Restore my soul.

Renew my strength.

Refresh my spirit.


I will lie down in green pastures.

I will rest beside quiet waters.

I will trust in You.


“He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul.” (Psalm 23:2-3)


In Jesus’ name,

Amen.


🕊️ A Declaration of Calm and Rest


I declare today:

The Lord is bringing me to calm water.

He is quieting my soul.

He is restoring my strength.

He is giving me rest.


The storm may rage around me,

But within me, there is peace.

The waves may rise,

But my soul is anchored in Him.


I will not be afraid.

I will not be anxious.

I will not be shaken.


For the Shepherd leads me

Beside still waters,

And He restores my soul.


“The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.” (Psalm 23:1)


💎 A Final Encouragement


When the storms of life are overwhelming, remember: the Shepherd knows where the calm water is, and He is leading you there. You may not see it yet, but it is just ahead. Keep following Him. Keep trusting Him. He will bring you to the place of rest, and He will restore your soul.


“The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.” (Psalm 23:1)


Bring us to calm water, Lord—we trust in You. 🙏🌊💙

No comments:

Post a Comment